Sunday, July 20, 2008

Got Books?

What books are on your nightstand right now? I am taking any and all suggestions of what your favorite reads for Summer 2008 have been. When Madelynne and I do venture out to the library it is more about her and what she wants to read and it is really hard to try to browse for books when she wants to run off and look for books "all on her own" or check out the fish tank or just get lost in the stacks and have me chase her down. So, bring on the recommendations! I need a good read!

7 comments:

Rochelle

I am still working on finding a good read. I got several recommendations on my site and am slowly trying to find one that suits me. I'll let you know when one captures my interests well enough to read the whole thing! (I'm finding out that I'm kind of a book snob! It takes a lot for me to actually read the whole thing!)

Rob and Juliann

I'm sure you've already read these, because I am the last person to catch on to a good trend, but the twilight books. I am like Rochelle, I'm a book snob. I can't read the whole thing if it's not catchy.

adrianne s.

I just finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and I am going to start Tisha by Robert Specht next.

dev

the Last Lecture by Randy Pausch... I haven't read it yet, but heard it was REALLY good....

it's life lessons and inspirational stuff....

I hope everything is going well... you are almost at the finish line! keep us updated!!

Tennille

I read the Count of Monte Cristo, the Twilight series, and the Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. Loved all of them, especially the Twilight books. Good luck! Oh, and you'd better hurry before baby comes!

Rochelle

Thank you for the James Patterson recommendation! I'm hooked. Did you know he has a new love story? I can't remember the name of it.. but it's on my nightstand right now waiting... I have to read the other two first. :)

tanya

Yes! James Patterson's new love story is called "Sundays at Tiffanys". I really like his love stories, but his thrillers would give me nightmares, so I stay away from those. I am glad you like them too! Keep me posted on any good books you stumble across!