Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

This year Jackson was a horse for Halloween. I gave him a choice of three different costumes at the store and had him pick three times. Each time he picked the horse, so I figured that is what he wanted to be.

Madelynne chose to be Belle. Whenever anyone would ask her what she wanted to be for Halloween she would say, "Belle. That has a long dress and slippers with earrings and a necklace and a hair tie. Oh! And gloves."

Absolutely thrilled to be Belle!

Growing up my Mom always made homemade doughnuts and apple cider to eat after trick or treating. I wanted to continue the tradition with my children, so on Saturday I whipped up a batch of doughnuts using this recipe. I used a pumpkin cookie cutter and cut out the middle or the "hole" with a maple leaf cookie cutter. They turned out so much cuter than I expected and they were so good! Jackson would have eaten the whole batch if I let him.

We filled our kids up with the warmth of White Chicken Chili before sending them out into the cold to go trick or treating. We went trick or treating with our friends and were glad to share our doughnut tradition with them afterwards. Here is a picture of their cute kids all dressed up. The purple monster is Madelynne's best friend, Eve. Those two have so much fun when they get together.

3 comments:

Alysia

They all look so cute and adorable in their costumes. I love that you keep the tradition mom started of doughnuts and apple cider.

Anonymous

Your Halloween menus were so clever. I was especially delighted that you are continuing the tradition of doughnuts and apple cider.

The children are so cute in their costumes. What precious grandchildren your Father and I have!

Your Father especially loves Jackson's fighter pilot jacket!!! He thinks that he needs to have a photo of that where he can always see it, that way he will never forget the best career for him.

We also think that Jackson wears his birthday cake well!

Andrea

Jack looks so cute and Madelynne looks beautiful!