Monday, November 2, 2009

Festive Fall and Halloween Food

We have been enjoying celebrating Fall and Halloween at our house. We have had many festive foods. Here is what has been on the menu.

Mummy dogs. (Hot dogs wrapped in bread stick dough).

I used this pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out pumpkin shaped rolls for Chicken Salad Sandwiches.


Apple Cider Doughnuts: Homemade doughnuts with apple cider is a must after trick or treating.

Pancakes made into fun shapes with molds from Williams Sonoma(they are on clearance right now).

Other yummy foods enjoyed: pumpkin shaped grilled cheese sandwiches, white chicken chili before trick or treating and pumpkin streusel cream cheese muffins.

2 comments:

adrianne s.

What yummy treats! I wanted to make apple cider doughnuts, too, but I don't have a deep fryer and I can't stand the smell that lingers for days after any frying experience so I talked myself out of it, but I'm glad that you had some delicious ones! I just read about Jackson's hand. Poor little guy. I hope it is healing well still.

Alysia

What fun and yummy treats - especially for the little ones.