Tuesday, May 18, 2010

are you kiddin' me?

Seriously.  As if the thousands of dollars we pay in taxes are not enough!  Today we got a bill in the mail saying they had to recalculate our city taxes and we still owed money.  Are you ready for this?  We owe the city $.30!  Yes, thirty cents!  Now, I don't care about the thirty cents I will gladly pay the thirty whole cents I owe the city.  What I am totally bugged about is the fact we are being charged a penalty of $19.67 and an interest on top of that of $19.67.  So, for a thirty cents calculation error (in favor of the city) we are supposed to pay $39.34!  What a rip off!!!!!!!  For heaven sakes it cost them more to send us a letter in the mail telling us of our shortage.  Now would the city pay me interest and penalty if they had thirty cents too much?  I think not.  And they wonder why people are fleeing the area?
.

2 comments:

Emily

That is crazy, here anything under $1.00 is forgiven. No questions asked. Good luck.

Elizabeth

oh your poor foot!! hope you guys are doing good otherwise :)