Friday, October 16, 2009

Blessing #6 & 7

My children: Madelynne and Jackson

Oh! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a mother. These precious children entrusted to me by my loving Heavenly Father are the world to me. They are my life and they make it wonderful. I feel such a great responsibility to raise and rear them in the gospel of Jesus Christ and with all the love and advantages I can possibly give them. I love the quote below by President Gordon B. Hinckley. He expresses all the things I want to say, but have a hard time finding the words.

“Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these His little ones. … Rear your children in love, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried” (“Excerpts from Recent Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley,” Ensign, July 1997, 73).

1 comments:

Rochelle

I love that quote! Thank you for sharing that... I really needed it today. Miss you--