Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bye, Bye Sookie


Well, we have been home from Utah a week today. When we got home last week I told Matt it was time to sever the ties to the sookie. While we were in Utah Madelynne was trying to go back to having her sookie all the time even though she has only had it when she sleeps for almost a year. We have tried a few times to get rid of the sookie altogether, but it has been Madelynne's comfort since she was born and it was hard to be tough about it when she would cry for it. However, we have stood firm and Madelynne has now gone a whole week without her sookie! This is such a huge milestone for her. Yet, one more sign our little girl is growing up. So, so bittersweet...

3 comments:

Rob and Juliann

Wow. That's a big step in a toddlers life. We had a lovely experience getting rid of the binky too. I'm glad Ian won't take one.

dev

it's so sad to hit some milestones... some of the stuff I want to hold onto forever.... I can't stand that these little people have to get older....

let me know what you address is... I just got an order for 75 boards... so, I better send yours off first. :)

MetroParks

It was so much harder on me to get rid of Sam's "plug" then it seemed to be for him. I was way emotional about it. We still let Emi carry around the rag she calls a blankie and she just turned 5.
sarah